Careers - Be part of the Action
Founded in 1986, Action Storage Systems is dedicated to making your storage areas run smoother. We manufacture, supply and install a wide range of shelving, racking, lockers and other essentials to provide the latest and greatest storage solutions to organisations across the globe. Our aspiration is to be the best in what we do.
Over the past thirty years, we've helped thousands of businesses, schools and governments transform their storage spaces for the better, bringing our wealth of experience to each new customer.
We believe that honesty, integrity, imagination, perseverance and good humour are the best way to get a job done well.We are a happy, friendly team who are passionate about finding the best solutions for our customers.
Do you share this enthusiasm, as well as our energy and desire to be the best?
The upload function only allows for one file to be uploaded. If you have prepared a cover letter please include it in the same document as your CV to identify which role you would like to apply for.
Installation Contracts Manager
Are you a highly organised, motivated and conscientious? Do you have the desire and tenacity to make a real client satisfaction impact through continually improving the service we offer? If so, you may be the person for us.
Strategic and practical, you will be able to see the bigger picture but also have an eye on detail to ensure that installations are started efficiently and completed on time and customers’ orders get to the right place and at the right time. You will be adept at managing people, running efficient teams (including sub-contractors), developing capability and utilising company resources efficiently and cost-effectively.
You will ensure installation jobs are properly planned and will be competent to prepare site relevant risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) and installation work instructions. Compliance with Health and Safety, Environment and QA standards will be second nature to you. The job is based at our head office but regular site travel will be necessary (mostly in the UK, but could be abroad) to monitor and audit installation work and investigate any accidents/incidents which may occur on site.
You will manage our in-house installation team, and additionally identify, build capability in and ensure the quality of our subcontractors.
The Sales Order Processing team leader will report to you and you will be expected to support and lead this team also.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the ideal candidate will:
- Be able to effectively communicate with people at all levels both inside and outside the company;
- Be flexible in terms of hours worked, attitude and tasks undertaken, (especially during peak periods);
- Be a problem solver, able to work effectively under pressure and spin a few plates when necessary;
- Be competent in completing paperwork/recording job details related to installation work, including RAMS and work instructions;
- Be professional, whilst being personable and good humoured
- Be able to lead people effectively and in accordance with company HR policy and procedures (including recruitment, inductions, probation reviews, training, appraisals, and disciplinary investigations etc.).
Skills/Qualifications/Experience: As a minimum, he/she will:
- Have relevant projects coordination/planning experience
- Have lead teams
- Highly skilled in planning and organising
- Be highly literate and numerate
- Be IT savvy, with a working knowledge of Microsoft and excel (SAP1, Sales Force would be desirable);
- Hold a current valid full UK driving licence and valid passport (with no restrictions on travel abroad);
- It is desirable to have a SEIRS or NAS Supervisors or Managers CSCS Card or CITB Managers/Site Supervisors Site Safety Plus Certificate + Asbestos Awareness (UKATA), + Manual Handling Awareness + Emergency First Aid certifications (although training and assistance to acquire these will be given to candidates who show the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the role).
If you would like further information, please ask Simon Mitchell, (MD) OR Deborah Davis (HR). All internal applicants will be invited to interview, in June/July 2018. Details of arrangements will be provided after the deadline for internal applications has passed. If interested, please apply in writing (email will suffice) with an up to date cv before the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
Deborah Davis (HR),
Action Storage Systems Limited
6 Fitzhamon Court
Wolverton Mill South
*Important Information - please note: